FBC George West Live Services

Sermon Audio Player

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Stuff That Works


I have tools in a semi-organized rolling toolbox; sockets in a drawer, box end wrenches are in another drawer. There is a screwdriver drawer and a pliers drawer. And, in the shed beside the windmill there is a five gallon bucket with two eighteen inch pipe wrenches (one with a piece of pipe for a handle) and several pairs of vice grips and a special C-clamp that I made for pipe.

 All my tools are useful. Some are used more than others. None are just "for show." My religion is like that too. Shucks, I've got more degrees than a thermometer. I have theology. And I have “a five gallon bucket of daily walking with Jesus.” It’s not for show. It is for the “work” of real life. There is a Guy Clark song that goes … "Stuff that works, stuff that holds up; the kind of stuff you don't hang on the wall; stuff that's real, stuff you feel; the kind of stuff you reach for when you fall." Walking with Jesus Christ is that kind of stuff.

Bro Bob

No comments: